Microsoft windows update error 0x80070057
You may need to restart your computer while following these simple steps. Before that please save & close any documents you may have open before you start.
Note: You may need to run this process once or more times to download all available updates.
Load Windows 8
- On the ‘Start’ screen then you have to move your mouse cursor over to the bottom right hand side of the screen, as show in below image
- It will display a sidebar with a list of options. You have to select ‘Search’ icon, check the below image for reference.
- Now you can see a screen will appear with all your installed apps, and then you have to select ‘Control Panel’ from the ‘Windows System’ list, as illustrated in below image:
- When the Control panel loads then select the option ‘System and Security’ from it.
- Then you have to look for the option ‘Check for Updates’ in Windows Update Section.
- Select ‘Check for Updates’.
- Windows will start searching for updates.
- Once Microsoft Windows finished searching for updates, a pop up menu will appear giving you the option to update your Window. Press it, so that Windows will install all the important updates for your computer or Laptop. Your PC might need to restart during this process.
Still Facing Issues In Installation?
Then For Easy & Quick Solution Click Here To Chat with Certified Expert for support
- If you still find any issue running your Windows-8-compatible game after updating, it’s recommend you to check for Windows Updates again as some updates are needed before other updates become available.
Then manually reset Windows Update components.
Some vital steps to follow in order to escape serious problems which might occur if you change the registry incorrectly are laid down below. Before you change it, you have to back up the registry for restoration in case problems occur.
To reset the Windows Update components, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, open a command prompt. To open a command prompt, press the Windows logo key + R, copy and paste (or type) the following command in the Run box, and then press ENTER:
2. Then stop the BITS service and the Windows Update service. To do this you have to type the following commands at a command prompt. After each command Press ENTER.
- net stop bits
- net stop wuauserv
3. Delete the qmgr* .dat files. To do this, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
Del “%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat”
4. If this is your first attempt at resolving your Windows Update issues by using all the steps in this article, then go to step 5 without carrying out step 4.
Step 4 should only be performed at this point in the troubleshooting if you are unable to resolve your Windows Update issues after following all steps. The steps in step 4 are also performed by the “Aggressive” mode of the Fix it Solution above:
a. Rename the following folders to *.BAK:
To do this, you have to type the following commands at a command prompt. After you type each command press ENTER.
- Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore *.bak
- Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution\Download *.bak
- Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 *.bak.
b. Reset the BITS service and the Windows Update service to the default security descriptor. To do this, you have to type the following commands at a command prompt.Again press ENTER after every command.
- sc.exe sdset bits D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
- sc.exe sdset wuauserv D:(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;SY)(A;;CCDCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRSDRCWDWO;;;BA)(A;;CCLCSWLOCRRC;;;AU)(A;;CCLCSWRPWPDTLOCRRC;;;PU)
Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
cd /d %windir%\system32
- And then Reregister the BITS files and the Windows Update files. Type the following commands at a command prompt. Press Enter after every command.
- regsvr32.exe atl.dll
- regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll
- regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll
- regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll
- regsvr32.exe browseui.dll
- regsvr32.exe jscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll
- regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll
- regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll
- regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe softpub.dll
- regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll
- regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll
- regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll
- regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll
- regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll
- regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll
- regsvr32.exe ole32.dll
- regsvr32.exe shell32.dll
- regsvr32.exe initpki.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups.dll
- regsvr32.exe wups2.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll
- regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll
- regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll
- regsvr32.exe muweb.dll
- regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
After that you have to Reset Winsock. For this, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
netsh winsock reset
If you are running Windows XP, you have to configure the proxy settings. This can be done by the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
For other versions of Windows, type the following command at a command prompt, and press ENTER:
netsh winhttp reset proxy
Restart the BITS service and the Windows Update service by following commands at a command prompt. Press ENTER after every command.
- net start bits
- net start wuauserv
For Windows Vista, clear the BITS queue. Type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
bitsadmin.exe /reset /allusers
Install the latest Windows Update Agent.
Restart the computer.
Still Facing the Same Problem?
Click Here Chat with Microsoft Certified Expert for support