Microsoft Office error codes can occur while closing, downloading, installing, opening (launching), updating or while performing any actions like pasting, sending, receiving, copying etc.
This indicates an error with the Internet or the local machine. Issues with Internet can be due to intermittent connectivity, low speed, modem or router configuration, ISP (Internet Service Provider) restrictions, local machine configuration issues etc. Local machine errors happen when the computer has applications, Windows, drivers etc, which are not up to date and even if the computer is not tuned up to its performance causing corrupt files, directories, registry and other data affecting the hard drive.
Steps to resolve Office Error Code 0x800ccc0e
A. Cleaning temp folder
- Press and hold the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ together.
- When the Run window opens, enter the text “temp”, without quotes, and hit Enter key.
- Now, the Explorer Window with the system junk files location open.
- Click on any file or folder in the open Window and then press and hold the ‘CTRL’ and alphabet ‘A’ at once.
- Now, right click the selected files.
- While holding down the ‘Shift’ key, select the option “Delete” from the menu.
- If you are prompted to click on ‘Yes’ or ‘Allow’ or ‘Continue’, select the check box to the left bottom corner of the pop up and then click on the visible button mentioned.
- Repeat the step 7. If the pop ups continue for more than a few times, select the option to the left bottom corner of the pop up window and select ‘Skip’ and repeat the same.
- Once deleting is complete, you may close the Temp folder window and continue to next step.
B. Cleaning %temp% folder to Solve Error 0x800ccc0e
The steps to clean the temporary user files is to follow the same steps above to clean the temp folder as above, where the command ‘temp’ is replaced with “%temp%”, without quotes.
C. Clean Up System Files
- Press the Windows key and the ‘R’ key together to open the Run command window.
- Now, enter the command “cleanmgr”, without quotes.
- Then, select the hard drive partition from the drop down in the pop up window and click on ‘OK’ button.
- Once the scan for junk data is complete, select the items from the list, except the Recycle Bin.
- Click on ‘OK’ button and wait for the operation to complete.
D. Clearing Internet Explorer junk files
- Press and hold the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ at once.
- In the Run window, enter the command ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and then press Enter key.
- Now, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the Internet Options window.
- Then, click on the reset button.
- Now, select the option to delete the personal settings in the pop up window.
Wait for the reset to complete and then continue to the next step.
Now, you may check if the Windows | Microsoft 0x800ccc0e Error Code is fixed.
If by any change, the error is not fixed, then the issue is critical and data loss can occur. A single corrupt component can affect the hardware and software.