Microsoft Office error The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000142). Click Ok To Close The Application in Windows 7/8/10 can occur while closing, installing, downloading, opening, and updating or may be while performing any actions like sending, receiving, copying, and pasting file.
Easy Steps to resolve Office Error which says that The Application Was Unable To Start Correctly (0xc0000142).
A. Cleaning the temp folder
- Press and then hold the Windows key together with the letter ‘R’.
- When the Run window opens, enter command “temp”, without quotes, and press Enter key.
- Now, the Explorer Window with the system junk files folder will open. Select any file or folder in the open Window and then press and hold the ‘CTRL’ and alphabet ‘A’ together.
For easy and quick solution for the above error Clcik here to chat FREE with our Microsoft certified experts Now
- Now, right click the highlighted files.
- Now While pressing the ‘Shift’ key, select the option “Delete” from the pop up menu.
- If pop up offers to click on ‘Yes’ or ‘Allow’ or ‘Continue’, select the checkbox to the left bottom corner of the pop up window and then click on the visible button as mentioned in the snapshot.
- Repeat again the step 7. If the pop ups continue for more than a few times, select the option to the left bottom corner of the pop up window and select ‘Skip’ and repeat the same.
- Once the deletion is complete, you can close the Temp folder window and continue to next step.
B. Cleaning %temp% folder as shown in the image
The easy steps to clean the temporary user files is to follow the same steps as above to delete the temp folder as above, where the command ‘temp’ is switched with %temp%.
Note: If you are still getting the same error code 0xc0000142 after following the above steps then you can follow below step to solve this error.
Or Click Here To Chat FREE with Our Microsoft Certified Experts Right Now
C. Clean Up System Files
- Press the Windows key & the ‘R’ key together to open the Run command window.
- Now, enter the command “cleanmgr”, as shown in below snapshot
Then, select the hard drive partition from the drop down in the pop up window and click on ‘OK’ button, as illustrated in the below image :
- Once the scan for junk data is complete, select the items from list, except the Recycle Bin, as highlighted in the below image
- Click on ‘OK’ button and wait for the operation to complete.
D. Clearing Internet Explorer junk files
- Press and hold the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ at once.
- In the Run window, enter the command ‘inetcpl.cpl’ and then hit Enter key, for reference view the below image
Now, click on the ‘Advanced’ tab on the Internet Options window
- Then, click on the reset button.
- Now, select the option to delete the personal settings in the pop up window, as shown in the below image
Wait for the reset to complete and then continue to the next step.
Now you will find that the error code 0xc0000142) is fixed completely.
If the error code 0xc0000142 is not fixed then it will create some serious issue with your operating system and corrupt your files.
To resolve this issue in quickly and easily Chat FREE with our Microsoft expert today